This is the plot for a new book I might start writing.

A story about sophomore Celeste Robinson, who plays wonderfully, but isn’t treated wonderfully. At least not by Rob Greg and Zephier Whitaker, the two evil bullies who underestimate her playing skills. Celeste began playing the Cello at four, under the influence of her grandfather, who loved listening to Cello music. At Brown High School, she hides in the music room to practice her Cello when she has the time, and nobody has heard her play. She has no friends except Jenny Camron, who’s a grade below her, so she sits alone during lunch, and Humphrey, the little West Highland Terrier who follows her everywhere. One day, the new kid, Jay Mitchell finds her in the music room and Celeste finds out that he’s a pianist. They start practicing together and discover that they both love the piece The Swan, from Carnival Of The Animals. Finally, when news of a talent show comes up, they push themselves out of their comfort zones and sign up to play The Swan.

Romance, Drama, and Realistic Fiction.

Want to read it? Say so (in the comments) and I’ll send it to you when I’m ready!